It's the Bowen Crew...Clint, Kristie, Baylor and Banks!

This is a chance for you to try to keep up with us on our journey in life! With Baylor and Banks leading the way, I wish you luck as they are fast....crazy....and just hard to keep up with!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Going...Going...Gone!

Baylor had a t-ball game tonight. He has had several now and we are getting into the "swing" of things...so I thought.
First of all, we were late because "mom" thought the game was at 6:15 and it was actually at 5:15. When we pull up Baylor arrives just in time to put on his helmet and grab a bat, as he is up next. He steps up to home plate and smacks the ball right out to center field...I haven't even sat down yet. I watch him round 1st, I set my purse down. As he rounds 2nd I am taking a breath, saying, "Whew, we made it!" As he rounds 3rd, I start laughing and thinking..."we should be late more often!" As he crosses home plate, I think..."darn it, I forget my camera! Ugh!"
Baylor is grinning from ear to ear, trying not to look at me in the stands and seem cool to his players. Again I think, "What mom forgets her camera when your kid hits a home run??!!"
I sighed again after the game when Baylor was awarded the "Game Ball" and I still didn't have my camera!!! He was so proud and as we walked in the house, he grabbed his ball and darted upstairs to place it on his headboard in the spotlight!
Tonight I am a proud mama!

1 comment: